Are you fit, healthy, and full of energy all the time? Or, do you feel heavy, tired, in pain, sluggish, and struggle to fall asleep at night? If you belong to the second group, you should know that you are experiencing some of the most common signs of excess acidity of the body.
Excessive acidity is often the reason behind fatigue, joint and muscle pain, obesity, stress, skin issues, poor digestion, and acid reflux.
You need to be alkaline instead of acidic – Try to put this into practice:
- Exercise at least 3 times a week (this way, you will release the acid out of the body through sweat.)
- Stop drinking alcohol (every alcohol drink has sugar and is highly acidic.)
- Eat vegetables, nuts, and fresh fruit
- Consume natural energy juice (avoid coffee and try to consume natural drinks such as lemon water and peppermint tea.)
The Noble prize winner, Dr. Otto H Warburg, found that acidity in the body is the reason behind oxygen deficiency. He also discovered that cancer cells are anaerobic (do not breathe oxygen), meaning that they cannot thrive in an alkaline environment and the presence of high oxygen levels.
Cancer cells are able to live without oxygen, and if a normal cell lacks 35% of its oxygen for 48 hours, it might become cancerous.
Our diet plays the most important role in the regulation of the pH levels in the body. The pH balance is the balance of the alkaline and acid fluids and cells. In order to survive, our system should balance the blood’s pH levels at a slightly alkaline level of 7.365.
What can happen if your body becomes acidic:
- Feeling exhausted and tired several times throughout the day
- Your teeth will be more sensitive to change, such as hot and cold
- Your skin will become dry
- You will strangely feel cold
- Inflammation of the eyes
- Pain in your stomach
- Dull hair
- Your immune system will be jeopardized and you will easily be subjected to the flu, bad bacteria or a cold
However, the Standard American Diet is filling our bodies with numerous acids, like processed foods, coffee, sugar, GMOs, soda, refined grains, meat, gluten, dairy, artificial sweeteners, etc.
These disrupt the normal pH balance in the body, leading to interrupted cellular activities and functions, and heartburn, diabetes, cancer, heart diseases, and osteoporosis. The acidic state of the body for longer also accelerates aging.
The acidic body is prone to numerous health issues, since viruses, parasites, bad bacteria, and Candida overgrowth thrive in acidic environments.
Moreover, such a diet, in a combination with regular stress will lead to massive amounts of inflammation in the body and joints, and the body will find it extremely difficult to function normally.
Cook these foods and you will see changes is no time
- Thai coconut, spinach, and broccoli soup (high-alkaline vegetables)
- Roasted Vegetable and coconut milk soup
- Warm avocado and quinoa salad
- Kale and cucumber kimchi
Therefore, alkalizing the body is a must in order to optimize health and prevent severe health issues and diseases. One of the most successful ways to alkalize the following is to drink the following homemade drink:
- 1/3 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice or organic apple cider vinegar
- 8 oz.Water
Mix the two ingredients, and the combination will immediately start fizzing. Yet, you should continue adding baking soda until the reaction stops. Next, add the water, and drink all at once.
This will help you neutralize the acidity and alkalize the body, supporting overall health.
Use baking soda to remove acid from your body
- Take one lemon and squeeze the juice and dilute it in Add ¼ teaspoon of baking soda to the mixture, and mix it again. The mixture will start to simmer and you should drink it immediately. It is best to drink it twice a day.
- Instead of the lemon, you can do the same with lime. It will help with your potassium and sodium levels.
- Use two spoons of apple cider vinegar and mix it with ¼ teaspoon of baking soda. You should drink it 2 or 3 times per day.
Moreover, to maintain the optimal environment in the body, make sure you increase the intake of alkaline foods, drink plenty of water, eat lots of green veggies, exercise regularly, and reduce stress.